Have you noticed that getting your readers’ attention is more and more difficult? Attention spans are shorter, distractions are everywhere (both online and off) and getting people to take action on your site has become nearly impossible.
That’s why you see pop-up ads everywhere.
If you’re like most website owners (and readers) you’ve probably noticed that no matter how “in your face” those pop-up ads are, the first reaction is to click that tiny little “x” and close it.
And if that pop-up shows up too soon for the reader, it’s even worse. Interrupt her reading before she’s had a chance to get interested, and she’s just as likely to close the page as simply close the pop-up.
But even worse than annoying your readers with in-your-face opt-in forms, there’s this:
Internet Users Are Blind To Pop-Ups
It’s true. Just like Google ads, we rarely even notice those pop-up forms. We’re so quick to dismiss them, that even a few seconds later we probably can’t tell you what the form even said.
Sure, site owners go to great lengths to grab your attention. Ads bounce and tilt and twirl and flash. Sometimes they take up the entire screen. They use negative calls to action such as “No thanks, I have all the website traffic I need.” And the worst offenders even hide the close button.
All in an attempt to get you to take some kind of action.
But the fact is, it just doesn’t work the way it used to. It’s time to try a different solution.
Surprise Your Readers And They’ll
Sit Up And Pay Attention
We’ve all heard that we have about 3 seconds to grab a reader’s attention. Some pop-up users take this to mean they should flood the screen with annoying, eye-catching ads right from the get-go.
And if all you want is for readers to click an ad or leave your site, that’s a good plan. But if you want to really engage them, and have them coming back for more, you need a better idea.
You need to give them something they want and need, in a way to unexpected they can’t help but notice. And you need to do it in a way that won’t drive them away from your site in a fit of irritation.
Side Stripe: An Unusual, Customizable Solution To Engage Readers And Encourage Action Takers
Something different. An attention-grabbing (but not annoying) ad space that draws the eye without blocking the view.
Side Stripe Plugin for WordPress is the perfect choice.
With Side Stripe, you get all the advantages of pop-ups with none of the ad blindness or irritation. And since it’s fully customizable, you can make it look and act exactly the way you want.
At its most basic, Side Stripe adds a “slide out” sidebar that appears on any page or post, but it offers so much more than that…
- Add images for visual interest and better conversions.
- Style text to match–or contrast–your site content.
- Add links to any page, post, product, social media site–anything you want your readers to see.
- Choose from unlimited color and border combinations to draw attention to your important content.
- Add a background image for instant appeal.
- Choose just the right delay time for individual side stripes, so it shows up right when your reader needs it.
- Change cookie settings so returning visitors won’t be flooded with side stripes on every visit.
- Adjust the tab placement location and color to find the right combination for your readers.
- Set a default side stripe for all pages and posts.
- Create individual side stripes for important pages or posts to add custom calls to action right where you need them.
- Change the tab icon to help eliminate those blind spots readers develop over time.
Complete Flexibility And Endless Uses
With all that going for it, it’s easy to see how Side Stripe will quickly become your go-to reader engagement tool. But the true power of Side Stripe is in its flexibility.
You can create…
- Opt-in forms–works with any autoresponder service that provides HTML forms.
- Closeout and sale items–add images and links to your store.
- Special events–boost ticket sales with a well-placed side stripe ad.
- Social media links–Encourage readers to follow you on Facebook or Twitter, or view your Pinterest boards.
- Consultation offers–coaches and consultants with a need for more clients can easily fill their calendars.
- Related content–show readers the other articles on your site they may enjoy.
- Teasers–Rolling out a new program? Give your readers a taste of what’s to come.
- Affiliate offers–add a few sentences of copy and a link to a great product your readers need.
- Surveys–market research is easy when you can drive your readers to your survey right from your latest blog posts.
Every time a new visitor lands on your site, ensure that you grab her attention with the fully configurable Side Stripe plugin. It gives you complete control.
Included Seller Tools
- Fully formatted HTML sales letter
- Fully formatted HTML thank you page
- Side Stripe plugin for WordPress
- Installation and usage guide (DOC and PDF)
- Box shot graphics (JPG and PSD)
- User Guide Graphics (JPG and PSD)
Usage Ideas For Quick ROI
- Add to your paid membership site as a member’s only perk
- Offer as a bonus for customers
- Offer as a bonus for customers buying from your affiliate link
- Give it to your paid coaching clients
- Use on your own sites
- Add value to your WordPress design services by including the plugin in your package
- Hire a programmer and have them improve your plugin by adding other PLR content to it
- Private Label
- PHP 5.4 and up
- WordPress 4.2.1 and up