Have you noticed how great sites like Amazon and Ebay are at keeping you engaged? It seems they’re constantly reminding you of items you viewed in the past, and showing you what other, related products they sell.
In fact, no matter what page you’re on, there in the sidebar or in the footer, you’ll find something more to look at. And because you’ve viewed it or a similar item in the past, it’s much more likely to grab your attention.
Pretty smart marketing, huh? What if you could do the same thing on your website?
“I Already Have A Related Posts Plugin…”
A lot of us do! In fact, next to anti-spam plugins, related posts plugins might just be the most common. But most of them don’t work as well as they could…
- Little to no control: Many “related” posts plugins use their own proprietary algorithm to decide what’s related…and the results might not be what you intended.
- No “recently viewed” options: Related is great, but what about what your reader just looked at? How can she easily find that content? Not with a related posts plugin, that’s for sure.
- Spammy ads that take YOUR readers off site: In what might be considered a pretty sneaky move, some related posts plugins actually encourage your readers to leave your site!
So while that rudimentary plugin might do a little to encourage readers to click around on your site (or maybe to someone else’s) it’s not engaging with your visitors in a way that drives sales.
“I’m Not An Ecommerce Site Like Amazon Or Ebay…”
…so why should I care about recently viewed items?
Here’s why: Even if you’re not selling a product (and I would argue that you most definitely are) your readers are looking to you to be the authority. They want to know what you have to say about the subjects they are interested in. They count on you to provide them with the information they need to make informed decisions. And they need to be able to find it.
Related posts and–even better–recently viewed content makes it easy for your readers to find what they need. They’ll see exactly what they’re looking for every time they visit your site.
And if your site is monetized either through affiliate links or via an ad network, the more content each reader consumes, the more money you earn.
Of course, if you do sell products–whether your own or someone else’s–a true related content plugin gives you many more opportunities to make the sale.
What does this mean for bloggers and other site owners?
Simply put, if your readers are coming to your site and looking at only a single page or post, Google is penalizing you. Your ranking in the search results will suffer, even if the reader stayed on your site long enough to read an entire article!
The easiest fix? Encourage every reader to visit other pages by offering more information she may be interested in.
Keep Them Reading Longer By Showing Them Exactly What They Want To See
Clearly, your job as a profitable website owner is twofold:
- Provide relevant, useful information your readers want and need
- Give it to them in a way that makes sense, so they’ll remain on your site longer and increase your sales and advertising rates.
The new, “Recently Viewed” WordPress plugin does just that…
- Create multiple related posts or recently viewed posts areas according to your specific needs.
- Set default numbers of posts to show so your readers get just what they want–and easily override those settings as needed.
- Choose to show only related posts, or only recently view posts, or both.
- Show titles only, titles and images, excerpts or not–this totally flexible plugin puts you in control.
- Works with your existing tags so readers see exactly what you want them to see, and never see unrelated content.
- Drag and drop widget adds related content to any sidebar or footer.
- Easy-to-use shortcode puts related or recently viewed posts exactly where you want them on any page or post.
- Lets your visitors quickly see the posts they’ve already read and might want to revisit, or others they might find interesting.
- Perfect for cooking blogs, review blogs, affiliate sites, or any website that relies on page views and clicks to to earn a profit.
- May help improve your ranking in search results by keeping readers on the site longer and reducing bounce rates.
- No complicated setup or configuration–just upload the plugin, choose your default settings, and go.
- Works with any theme, so you never have to worry it will break when you change your site’s design.
Every time a new visitor lands on your site, ensure that she’ll find the information she needs with the fully configurable Recently viewed plugin. It gives you complete control.
Included Seller Tools
- Fully formatted HTML sales letter
- Fully formatted HTML thank you page
- Recently Viewed plugin for WordPress
- Installation and usage guide (DOC and PDF)
- Box shot graphics (JPG and PSD)
- User Guide Graphics (JPG and PSD)
Usage Ideas For Quick ROI
- Add to your paid membership site as a member’s only perk
- Offer as a bonus for customers
- Offer as a bonus for customers buying from your affiliate link
- Give it to your paid coaching clients
- Use on your own sites
- Add value to your WordPress design services by including the plugin in your package
- Hire a programmer and have them improve your plugin by adding other PLR content to it
- Private Label
- PHP 5.4 and up
- WordPress 4.1.1 and up