You’ve followed all the “rules.” Your landing pages are focused, targeted, and offer no distractions such as menu bars or opt-in forms. That’s great for sales, but what about those who don’t buy?
What are you offering them?
Like most people, you’ve likely experienced – and possibly been annoyed by – an exit pop-up or two. You may have even considered using such an offer on your page. The trouble is, most exit pop-ups are:
- Ugly gray “dialog” boxes that do more to turn a reader off than encourage them to take action.
- Annoying in their aggressiveness.
- Difficult to configure.
- Expensive to purchase – the most popular option will run you nearly $100!
Why Marketers Love Exit Pop-Ups
Despite their downfalls, exit pop-ups can be a powerful tool in your quest for reader engagement, more sales and a larger mailing list. Here’s why.
Whenever a reader leaves your page – whether it be a sales page, blog post or simply your about me page – the chance she will return later is slim. The Internet is a vast marketplace, and with many thousands of other choices and the constant bombardment of new information, it’s easy for a reader to forget what brought her to you in the first place.
That means that even if your content or offer is spectacular, unless you capture her attention on the first visit, you’ll likely never see her again.
That’s why exit pop-ups are so popular. If your reader is already on her way to the next website, why not make her a last-chance offer? It may be the one thing that can prevent the loss of that sale!
Here’s how it works:
Here’s the trouble with most solutions on the market today: They do one thing. If that one thing (making a lower priced offer to a reader who is about to leave) is what you want, then that’s fine.
But what if you want to
- Point readers to related content they might like instead.
- Offer a chance to get on your mailing or waiting list.
- Give them a coupon for a related product.
- Remind them of a sale in a different category of product.
- Ask for feedback with a survey link.
- Offer a help desk to answer questions.
None of these things are options with your standard exit pop-up plugin, but with “ExitPop” the possibilities are nearly endless. With this easy-to-use plugin, you get:
- One-click installation. No huge files to upload via FTP. Just upload via your WordPress dashboard in seconds.
- Simple interface for instant usability.
- Ability to set a default, site-wide popup.
- Option to override default on any page with a custom popup exactly matched to your content.
- Endless styling possibilities with unlimited color, border, and background options.
- Completely flexible editing screen allows you to include opt-in forms, images, stylized text and more.
- Set default popups for home page, blog pages, and archive pages so your offer always makes sense.
- Variety of built-in background images to match any blog style.
- Familiar post editing screen means no complicated software to learn You’ll be creating beautiful popups in minutes.
- Custom cookie settings allow you to present your popups on the schedule you set.
- Testing setting lets you easily see your popups from a visitor point of view.
- Select different popups for individual pages and posts, right from your blog editing screen.
- Turn popups off on specific pages with the click of a button.
- Create an unlimited number of popups for a wide variety of offers.
- Add video to your popups for even better engagement.
ExitPop provides you the unique opportunity to present readers with exactly what they need, just when they need it. Whether it’s an invitation to join your mailing list or a special coupon code they can use right away, ExitPop is the perfect solution. So easy, so flexible, and so fast – you’ll wonder why you ever struggled with other pop up forms before.
- PHP 5.4 and up
- WordPress 4.6 and up